SECTION 8 – SUPER STOCKS (2020 Season)
8-A. COMPETING MODELS
1. This class has been retooled to incorporate existing street stocks with the older “big spring/clipped” late models, more commonly known now as sportsman cars.
2. Any American made passenger car or pickup.
a. Pickup bodies must be mounted to passenger car chassis.
3. No open wheels. Fenders are required.
4. Wheelbase +/- 2" of stock, must be declared on car.
5. Minimum base weights: stock frame 3100 lbs OR non-stock (tube) 3300 lbs. with driver.
a. Maximum left side weight percentage as weighed with the driver will be 56% for all combinations
b. Weight declaration must be visible on car to track official during weigh in.
6. Minimum 4” ride height from the frame, without driver.
1. Bodies must be stock appearing Fiberglass, Composite, & Metal allowed.
a. Pickup bodies must have full tailgate with tonneau covers.
a. Stock floor pan not required. However, floor pan must be made with minimum of 22-gauge steel sheet metal.
b. Back of seat to trunk must be enclosed.
c. All doors must be welded or bolted with three (3) 3/8” or two (2) ½” bolts per door.
d. All holes in firewall and rear seat areas must be covered with minimum 20-gauge steel sheet metal.
e. Rear end must be enclosed from bumper and upward
f. Plastic nosepieces allowed.
g. Must maintain all external body components
2. Spoilers maximum 5” high of fiberglass, Lexan, or metal allowed.
3. No excessive body panel trimming.
a. Fenders may be trimmed to clear tires.
b. All metal edges are to be rolled.
4. Must have stock appearing factory type bumpers, front and rear.
5. Hood and deck lids are required. Must be securely fastened with four (4) pins each. If hinges are used, then two (2) pins are required.
6. Cutting body parts from inside trunk, engine compartment, and passenger area allowed.
7. All grills, chrome, lights, and sockets must be removed.
8. All combustible material must be removed.
9. Driver compartment must be accessible from both sides.
10. Front frame must be connected to rear frame on uni-body cars.
11. Exterior nerf bars optional. Nerfing not to extend more than 1 ½ “past the body skin at any time, ends must be capped or welded shut. Nerfing allowed on either side, between front and rear tires only. 1” O.D. or maximum 1” x 2” square tubing is the only approved material for exterior nerfing.
1. Stock frames and/or tubular frames allowed. See above weight rules
a. Must be American passenger car style.
2. Locked rear ends required. (“lockers” not allowed)
3. OEM Ford 9” rear ends and floaters optional. (quick change rear end optional.)
4. All other suspension components must be stock-type replacement for the same make as the car in the stock location.
a. Stock unaltered lower A-arms required
b. Non-adjustable tubular upper A-arms allowed
c. Sway bar mount location optional
5. Steel body, non-adjustable shocks required, 1 shock per corner.
a. Rear shock mount must be in stock location or inside of frame rail.
b. Rebuildable shocks allowed.
6. Minimum coil spring diameter 5” front and rear
a. Coil spring pocket base must be of equal thickness on right and left side.
b. Rear springs must be secured on Chassis
7. Weight jacks allowed in all four corners.
8. Cars with rear leaf springs may use lowering blocks.
8-D. ROLL CAGE
1. Minimum 6-point cage required and must have hoop type reinforcement in engine compartment extending forward from front upright of main roll cage.
2. Must have minimum 1.5” O.D. by 0.95” thickness roll bar tubing. (1.75" OD by .95" Thickness highly recommended)
3. Must have minimum of four (4) door bars on driver’s side and two (2) on passenger side. (X counts as 1 bar.) Must be tied together with roll bar material and consist of two (2) per bar.
4. Must have ¼” hole drilled on driver’s side for inspection purposes.
5. All roll bars within reach of driver must be padded.
6. 1/8” door bar plates mandatory.
7. Co-driver/navigator allowed, passenger side must match driver side specs with additional front grab bar
1. Unaltered/Sealed GM 602 Crate
2. Unaltered GM Vortec 5300: LM7, L59, LM4, LY5, & LC9 (5.3L ONLY)
3. Open Motor: Unaltered OEM production cast iron block and heads only.
a. No aftermarket performance cylinder heads. (i.e. gm/ford/mopar performance).
b. Exceptions allowed: Unaltered Vortec heads. Aftermarket guide plates and studs. Surfacing allowed. No machining, i.e. angle milling, polishing or porting etc. No performance enhancing of head surface area.
c. Roller Cam and Roller Rockers Allowed
d. Aftermarket intake manifold allowed
e. Stud girdles allowed. Pinned or screw in studs allowed
f. If above 360 cubic inch displacement (determined by engine pump), and/or camshaft lift exceeds
.500 (measured at valves) and/or single plane intake manifold (visual inspection), you must use a PRA issued restrictor plate (deposit required)
4. Oil pan may be modified or purchased for circle track racing.
5. Front spark plug hole can be no further back than the upper ball joint centerline.
6. Aluminum water pumps allowed.
7. Aluminum radiators allowed.
1. Analog gauges only: water temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, brake bias, and tach with mem recall allowed
2. Alternator with internal regulator allowed
3. All wiring must be visible for inspection
4. 602 Crate must use unaltered MSD # 8728 or #8727-CT rev control and max 6200 RPM Chip, all components must be out of driver reach but with rev control accessible for tech inspection/testing
5. Vortec 5300 must use unaltered OEM Harness & computer with OEM Spec ignition system components
6. Open Motors: any ignition system permitted except magneto
1. Unaltered stock cast iron manifolds (required on Vortec 5300)
2. Long Tube Headers allowed (all other motors)
3. Exhaust must exit behind driver. Mufflers required, not to exceed 95db’s at 100ft
8-H. CARBURETOR/FUEL INJECTION
1. 602 Crate Engine must use GM suggested 4 Barrel
2. Vortec 5300 OEM fuel injection system allowed, must use unaltered OEM wiring harness & computer and OEM spec injectors only
3. Open Motors: Holley 4412 (2 barrel) carb only. No modifications, two (2) return throttle springs required.
a. Not to exceed 500 CFM.
b. Jetting allowed
c. No choke plates
d. 1” spacer or adapter. (required for restrictor plate use)
e. Removal of choke horn is not allowed
8-I. TRANSMISSION & CLUTCH
1. OEM Transmissions only.
2. Automatics must run OEM converter.
3. OEM flywheels only.
4. OEM style clutch and pressure plate assemblies only. 9” minimum diameter single disk only.
8-J. SCATTER SHIELD
1. 180–degree is required. 360-degree is optional and recommended.
2. ¼” plate minimum.
3. Must be securely bolted to frame structure, not to bell housing.
a. Shields to extend forward to a point 1” ahead of the flywheel and 1” to the rear of the pressure plate.
b. Any NHRA approved explosion proof bell housing is acceptable.
c. Minimum 1 ½” x 1 ½” inspection hole at bottom of bell housing. Cover plates approved.
4. Automatics must have blanket or scatter shield.
1. Track tire will be American Racer 970
2. These tires to be purchased only at Douglas County Speedway.
3. Tires that have been altered by unauthorized treatments (shaving, siping, chemical soaking, grooving, etc.) not allowed. (disqualification)
4. Outside clamp on wheel weights not allowed.
5. 8” or 10” maximum racing type steel wheels allowed.
6. All wheel studs must be minimum ½” diameter.
7. Wheel and tire must not be more than 4” outside of body at widest point of fender well.
1. All four wheels must be equipped with functioning brake system (4 brakes).
2. Proportioning valve allowed, front to rear only.
3. No electronic limiting devices.
4. Aftermarket pads allowed.
5. No modifying of brake calipers or spindles permitted. Front steel hub/rotors (OEM type) allowed.
6. Dual master cylinder allowed.
1. Driveshaft must have a minimum of two (2) 360-degree safety loops, constructed of at least ¼” x 2” steel, and installed one on each end.
2. Drive shaft must be painted white. Steel or Aluminum drive shafts.
Gasoline or race fuel only
8-O. FUEL CELLS
1. Must be double strapped both ways or securely fastened.
2. Must have a minimum of 8” ground clearance. Fuel cell must be 18” ahead of rear bumper. Must have protective hoop at rear that extends 1” below fuel cell.
3. Must be fully enclosed in a metal container made of a min. of 20-gauge steel.
4. Electric fuel pump must have oil shut off switch.
5. No fuel lines in driver’s compartment unless fully enclosed in min. 20 gauge steel
8-P. EXHAUST/BALLAST/BATTERIES/FIRE CONTROL
1. See General Safety Requirements section 3-B
1. See General Safety Requirements section 3-B for racecar/driver requirements.
2. Head and Neck Restraints, such as the HANS device, Hutchens, Simpson or G-Force are highly recommended.
1. Two-way radios allowed, racecievers required.
Adjustments MAY be made on a case by case basis